Whether you're hosting a sports party or a family gathering, the best way to keep your guests merry is to serve them delicious appetizers that are easy to eat. For such informal events, appetizers are best served as finger foods. Below, you will find a list of gluten-free appetizers that are perfect for finger foods.
Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups
Full of flavor and gluten-free, these ham and cheese roll-ups will become the fan favorite at your next soiree. The recipe contains simple ingredients, the preparation takes 10 minutes or less, and this appetizer can be served hot or cold.
- slices of cooked ham (use as many slices as you'll need for your number of guests)
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- dill pickles cut into spears (1 dill pickle cut into 4 long pieces)
- Lay out the pieces of ham on a flat, clean surface. Dab the slices of ham dry with a paper towel.
- Using a spoon or a knife, spread a dollop of cream cheese over each slice of ham to your preferred thickness.
- Place a dill pickle spear on one side of the ham slice. Roll the slice of ham up around the pickle spear until completely wrapped.
- Secure the wrap with a cocktail toothpick and lay them on a serving tray for your guests to enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are the most popular appetizer for any type of family gathering or sporting event. Most people agree that the best part of the chicken wing appetizer is the sauce. If you're looking for a gluten-free version of this popular appetizer, choose a recipe that skips the breading and uses a gluten-free sauce. For a perfectly spicy gluten-free buffalo chicken wing appetizer, follow this simple recipe.
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 24 chicken wings (remove the tips and cut the wings in half at the joints)
- 4 tbsps of butter
- 1 tbsps distilled white vinegar
- 5 tbsps hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper as needed
- Using a pot or a deep fryer, heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and fry the chicken wings in the oil for about 10 minutes or until done. Scoop out the chicken wings and place them on a paper towel or a layer of coffee filters to drain excess oil.
- Set a different pan over medium-low heat, and melt the butter. Add the vinegar and pepper sauce while seasoning to taste with the salt and pepper. Stir the sauce and then add the chicken wings. Continue to stir over low heat. The longer you leave the chicken in the sauce, the hotter the wings will become. When finished, scoop out of the wings and serve them hot.
Cheesy Nut-Stuffed Celery
A savory blend of flavors, cheesy nut-stuffed celery will please even the youngest guests at your gathering. The smooth cheese texture combined with the crunch of the nuts and celery make this a fun and nutritious appetizer that will pair well with any type of meat-based dish.
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 20 chopped green olives with pimento
- 1 bunch of celery sliced into 3-inch pieces
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl, mixing well.
- Add olives and walnuts and stir.
- Spoon out dollops of the mixture onto the celery pieces and spread evenly. Serve chilled.
Top 5 Routes for "Gluten-Free Appetizers"
- Yummly.com If spicy buffalo sauce doesn't suit your palate, this link will provide you with many other delicious chicken wing sauces that are gluten-free and delicious.
- Yummly.com While ham, pickles, and cream cheese are delicious, they may not be perfect for everyone. If you're looking for other deli meat roll-up recipes, this link has many diverse and versatile recipes to offer.
- Wikihow.com If you happen to be planning your first social gathering and would love a guide on how to construct decorative appetizer trays, this link gives you a step-by-step picture guide on how to serve different types of appetizers.
- OhSheGlows.com In keeping with the gluten-free theme, should you desire to create an appetizer that contains crackers, this link will take you to a recipe to create your own gluten-free appetizer crackers.
- Redbookmag.com For a more extensive list of gluten-free appetizers you can make for your next gathering, this link will take you to a list of 25 amazing gluten-free appetizers that are party-ready.
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More