Shrimp Scampi is a delicious, creamy dish that will delight both pasta and seafood lovers, but it can be a difficult dish to perfect. Fortunately, there are many recipes available online to help cooks create a flavorful shrimp scampi that anyone will enjoy.
Recipes For Shrimp Scampi
Finding a good shrimp scampi recipe doesn't have to be hard. Consider the following when looking for a recipe.
- With or without wine
- Shrimp scampi can be prepared either with wine or without. The cook can use a wine such as Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, or Sauvignon Blanc to give the recipe a sharper flavor.
- The cook should decide how the shrimp scampi recipe should be flavored. Do you want to prepare a spicy dish? Or something milder? Perhaps you'd like the recipe to have a garlic flavor. These are all things to consider.
- Creamy or Not?
- Decide if you want a creamy shrimp scampi or a less creamy version. The sauce can be prepared a number of ways. Thick and creamy or thin and mild.
- With or Without Pasta
- Many recipes call for shrimp scampi to be made with spaghetti, linguine or angel hair. Others don't include pasta. You can also serve the scampi over rice.
How To Serve Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp scampi is wonderful on its own, or it can be served with a salad on the side. It also works well with a simple vegetable side dish. In addition to salad, side dishes can be very simple. Consider the following:
- Steamed broccoli
- Sauteed snow peas
- Tomato and mozzarella
Variations Of The Recipe
When preparing any recipe for shrimp scampi, you can add your own personal twist. Perhaps you'd like to add mushrooms or diced tomatoes to add flavor and color. You can even keep the tail on the shrimp for a more interesting and attractive presentation. Many cooks suggest sprinkling the finished product with parsley to add color. Try adding pine nuts for added texture, especially if the recipe includes pasta. More variations can be made as the cook sees fit.
Top 5 Routes for "Shrimp Scampi"
This recipe has a strong garlic flavor. The sauce it very light, and it includes white wine. The website suggests serving the shrimp scampi with a side of crusty bread.
- foodnetwork.com The website features a shrimp scampi made with linguine. The sauce is light, mild and does not include wine. The website features this as a recipe that is easy and quick to prepare.
This recipe has a bit of a spice and the wine adds additional flavor. It features a butter sauce with shallots. The website mentions that the sauce is smooth and creamy. It also has lemon zest for flavor.
- Bettycrocker.com This shrimp scampi is a one skillet recipe. The website recommends using either fettuccine or angel hair pasta and suggests rice as an alternative. This recipe does not include the use of wine. Bettycrocker.com suggests sprinkling the finished dish with parmesan cheese.
This website features wholesome and delicious recipes that can be made quickly and easily. This recipe features a light, buttery sauce and red pepper for spice. This recipe does not include pasta.
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More