Recipes for Spaghetti Sauce
Many families have their own special spaghetti sauce recipe that has been handed down from generation to generation. People that have had authentic homemade spaghetti sauce ladled over a giant pile of pasta can admit that there is nothing quite like it. The perfect pasta sauce is a comfort food which satisfies on so many different levels that for some people, creating the perfect recipe can become a lifelong obsession. Other people simply heat some tomato sauce on the stove, throw in the basil and garlic, and are equally as happy.
There are a plethora of recipes and cooking methods available from all over the world. Thanks to the internet, modern man has all of them at the tips of his fingers. So, let's get cooking.
Things to Consider Before Cooking Spaghetti Sauce
People who want to try making a spaghetti sauce from scratch might want to consider a few things
- Time Many spaghetti sauces require vastly different time frames to make. Some sauces can be thrown together in less than an hour, and others require that it be slowly simmered for over eight hours. It's important to considering timing when planning to try a new spaghetti sauce recipe.
- Type of Sauce Will it be a traditional marinara sauce? Or, perhaps a bolognese sauce? Is the sauce intended to have meat in it or just tomatoes and veggies? Each spaghetti sauce requires certain ingredients that should be ready to go before cooking is started.
The Benefits of Cooking Spaghetti Sauce
Going out to eat at an authentic Italian restaurant can be quite expensive, especially when large numbers of people are involved. So, why not make authentic Italian food at home? With a little time and some preparation, making homemade pasta sauce could start a new tradition in the family by creating a secret recipe for the perfect spaghetti sauce! And who knows, it ends up being passed down for generations to come.
The Most Popular Types of Pasta Sauce
As stated above, there are various different kinds of spaghetti sauce, all with their own flare and personality. However, there are a few that stand out from the crowd as being favored all over the world by people of all types. Here are a few of them.
- Vodka Sauce
Top 5 Routes for "Spaghetti Sauce"
- Lauren Greutman This website is run by a woman who works as a personal finance expert for hire. It makes sense that her website would also have a wide variety of money saving recipes that can be made for the whole family. This particular recipe for spaghetti sauce promises to be "the best ever homemade spaghetti sauce."
Most people are familiar with both this website and TV channel. Considered to be an authority in most subjects regarding anything edible, food.com is a trusted source for any recipe. People looking for a five star recipe can be sure the one posted here will satisfy.
- Allrecipes Here is yet another website solely dedicated to sharing some of the best recipes around. Folks looking for a great spaghetti sauce should take comfort in knowing that Allrecipes is a great place to start!
- Mel's Kitchen Café Mel's Kitchen Café is a blog run by a food loving mom. One thing that can usually be trusted is a mother's cooking. Mel promises that this particular spaghetti sauce recipe is "tried and true." Best of all, the recipe only takes about an hour and a half to make!
- The Pioneer Woman
This is yet another website run by a mom who simply loves food. All of the recipes on this website are accompanied by pictures and a full description of how to make the intended recipe. The instructions are easy to follow, and the website itself is beautiful. Feel free to look around for other recipes after trying the spaghetti sauce! And don't forget to enjoy the humor Ree puts into all of her posts!
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More