Lasagna is a go-to dish in many homes. Prepared a number of ways, it is as easy as it is delicious. It can be served in a casual or fine dining setting. In order to get the lasagna just right, there are a number of online recipes for cooks to follow. Step by step instructions makes preparing a lasagna recipe easy. Lasagna is convenient because it is a complete meal in one dish. It can be prepared ahead of time and frozen if necessary.
Cooks should consider the following when searching online for a lasagna recipe:
- With or Without Meat
- Lasagna can be made to suit the needs of vegetarians, or it can be prepared with ground meat. It can be prepared with cheese only, or vegetables can be added.
- Type of Noodles
- Traditional white noodles are available, or whole wheat, which may be a healthier choice.
- Type of Sauce
- The cook can choose to use marinara sauce, or there are cream sauces that can be used.
- Other Additions
- The cook can choose to add different types of meat or vegetables or adjust herbs and spices to suit their needs. The dish is extremely versatile, so any lasagna recipe can be experimented with or changed.
How to Serve Lasagna
Lasagna is typically served on its own. If any side dishes are served, they are kept simple. Ideas include:
- Bread and Butter
- Steamed Vegetables
- Roasted Potatoes
- Raw Vegetables Tossed with Italian Dressing
Popular Variations of Lasagna
- Meat Lasagna
- Cheese Lasagna
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Rolled Lasagna
- Italian Style (with Tomato Sauce)
- Lasagna with Alfredo or Cream Sauce
- Chicken Lasagna
Top 5 Routes for "Lasagna Easy"
- Allrecipes.com This website features a recipe that calls for the lasagna to be made with ground sweet Italian sausage. It includes a tomato sauce and several different types of cheese. The sauce has a sweet flavor.
Simplyrecipes.com features an easy to make lasagna recipe, which freezes and reheats well. Wine vinegar is used for added flavor. This variation is made with ground beef and bell peppers. It has a slight garlic flavor. The recipe includes detailed, step by step instructions, and pictures to make preparation easy.
- Inspiredtaste.net Inspiredtaste.net features a vegetarian take on this classic dish. A video is also included for the cook to watch the recipe being made. It is easy to make and requires little preparation time. The recipe calls for several types of vegetables, and also optional vegetables, including chopped mushrooms, olives, spinach, or carrots. The cook is able to adjust the recipe to suit their taste.
Pillsbury.com features a variation of lasagna that is made with alfredo sauce and chicken. It features several different types of cheese and vegetables. This recipe is simple to make and is not spicy. It can be served with garlic bread for a complimentary side dish.
Cooking classy.com features a lasagna recipe that kids love. The roll ups are individual servings which make it easier to serve, especially to large groups. This recipe is great for parties. Step by step instructions as well as pictures to go along with the text make preparation easy. The website advises serving this lasagna with Italian bread and a salad with Pesto Dressing, which they also provide the recipe for.
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More