Since its inception, the Today Show has offered a mix of news and human interest stories. A popular part of the show are the food segments, which offer recipes, food trends and news, people in the food industry, food preparation tips, healthy living, and more. These are often live demonstrations from the presenters and the Today Show anchors.
Some popular food trends stories as noted on the Today Show are features such as:
- Cookies & Screem M&M's, Pumpkin Pie Kit Kats and new fall candies
- 11 ways Amazon Alexa can simplify your life
- Wildest foods at the Minnesota State Fair
Recipes featured on the Today Show
The Today Show recipes are the main ingredients of the food features. A wide variety of appealing recipes are demonstrated on the show and are also listed on the Today website. All tastes are featured, with a focus on healthy living ideas, kid friendly treats, time-saving methods, and seasonal favorites.
These following recipes are currently on the Today Show website as of this writing.
A Little Gem Salad with Warm Garlic Dressing is a good beginning to any meal. This salad combines Little Gem lettuce with warmed olive oil, garlic, sherry, smoked paprika, and anchovies. Another easy salad recipe is the Heirloom Tomato and Watermelon Salad with Mozzarella. Simple ingredients include tomatoes, watermelon, and fresh herbs.
For the main course, The Hanger Steak with Chimichurri Sauce is an excellent choice. This entrée is served with a spicy chimichurri sauce, baked sweet potato fries, and brussels sprouts prepared with chorizo and lime. Or, it can be a taco night with beer battered Baja Fish Tacos, Cola-Braised Pork and Potato Tacos, and Poblano Pepper Tacos. These tacos offer a variety so that everyone has a choice.
Kids will enjoy the Pound cake PB&J and these other no-bake desserts.
Triple berry cheesecakes, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and strawberry chocolate chip cookie balls are easy to fix and the kids will love them.
The health conscious can learn information about weight loss, the calorie burn needed for certain foods, good foods that can sabotage and healthy food swaps. Discover how to make nutritious breakfasts and lunches for the kids.
Many tips are offered for preparing quick and easy meals, incorporating healthy substitutions in recipes, getting the kids interested and jazzing up the mundane. Viewers will appreciate these informative ideas.
In the News
There are also interesting news stories that cover current events around the country:
- 5 surprising facts about Trader Joe's
- Chuck E. Cheese's animatronics band is breaking up
- Arby's celebrates 'Game of Thrones' finale with giant turkey leg
- Look to the cookie! Oreo may be releasing a 'mystery' flavor soon
Real people, real stories
Read stories from the lives of the famous and not so famous. Discover how Anthony Bourdain began his career as a French fry cook and read about a woman who has been serving Syracuse students pizza for almost 50 years. Read how Padma Lakshmi discusses her discovery that her focus on weight fluctuations was affecting her young daughter.
Top 5 Routes for "Today Show's Food Features"
- Today Food Added directly from the original morning show, all the Today Show food segments of current news, trends, recipes, and more are placed on the website.
- Food The current Today food segments from the Today Show are featured.
- Today Food on Facebook The Today Show food Facebook page has the latest features directly from the Today Show.
- Today Food on Twitter The latest Today food features on Twitter are tweeted.
- Our favorite recipes A fan site showcases favorite Today Show recipes from the Today Show.