Finding a Recipe for a Fruit Salad
A fruit salad is a popular dessert that can vary greatly depending on the part of the world where it is being prepared. It is very similar to a fruit cocktail, and one similarity that unites all fruit salads is that they carry multiple types of fruits. Aside from this commonality, fruit salads can contain nearly any type of ingredient. In many countries, fruit salads are commonly mixed in a cream or syrup. Because of the variety of this dish, it may seem like a daunting dish to prepare, but recipes for this dish can be quite easy to find.
Recipes for: Fruit Salad
There are many great resources for fruit salad recipes. Many cable networks that have primarily food-related programs also carry content on their websites. Authors of well-known cookbooks have also started creating online content for their readers. Lastly, many recipes can be passed down from family and friends. This is perhaps one of the best ways to learn a new recipe, as many regional recipes are passed down in this way. These recipes may also use local ingredients, which add even more to their uniqueness.
Basic Fruits to Consider
- Apples Found in nearly every traditional fruit salad recipe, apples are often the first fruit that comes to mind when a fruit salad is mentioned. Their crunchy texture and slightly sweet flavor can make them a safe and popular ingredient for social occasions where the palates may vary.
- Honeydew Watermelon Also known for the slightly crunchy effect that it gives a fruit salad, honeydew watermelon can help to add colors to fruit salad that you may not find in other fruits. This fruit comes in more than one color, and any type or color may be used to balance the color of the dish.
- Pineapple This ingredient can add a tart taste to fruit salad. That taste will help to balance the sweet taste that is coming from other fruits. This fruit also offers a unique texture that is not found in other fruits.
Ingredients Other Than Fruit
As mentioned earlier, the variety of this popular dish has led to nearly every type of ingredient imaginable being added. Aside from fruit, these are also popular ingredients:
Top 5 Routes for "Fruit Salad"
- Allrecipes.com This website begins by listing some of the most popular salad recipes from its users. New users looking for a fruit salad recipe are likely to find what they're looking for, as the website is very extensive.
- Delish.com Similar to allrecipes.com, this website offers a variety of popular fruit salad recipes but prefers to show nontraditional recipes that many new users coming from other websites have likely not seen.
- Tasetofhome.com This website offers a mix of traditional and new recipes. The website showcases the recipes according to popularity, showing the most popular recipes followed by the least popular. Ten recipes are shown.
- Womansday.com Despite the website's name, these recipes don't cater specifically to women. This website offers fifteen different recipes. A few are unique to this website, and a few are found on other websites as well.
- Foodnetwork.com Because of its popularity, this website, like the first one mentioned, offers dozens of fruit salad choices. This website offers a variety of recipes that use exotic fruits and vegetables and that you will likely not find on other websites.
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More