Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Some people eat at chain restaurants consistently, especially if they're young families with children. However, a lot of diners avoid chain restaurants for several reasons:
- Poor quality of the food
- Lack of atmosphere
- Too many artificial ingredients
- Boring menu items
- Bad service
Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen is different from the average chain restaurant. Each restaurant is run more like an independent business. The clever name Cheddar's came from a group of schoolchildren in Texas where the restaurant got its start. It eventually became Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen to reflect the freshness of the items on their menu and the quality of the ingredients. The nutritional information for all the menu items can be found on cheddars.com.
Cheddar's Is Different
Part of Cheddar's appeal is the open atmosphere, soft lighting, and bamboo fans in the main dining area. The decor is a nice change from the typical chain restaurant. Each guest feels welcome when they're greeted by the hostess. The servers are courteous, prompt, knowledgeable about the menu, and willing to offer suggestions. One feature that captivates kids and adults is the massive aquarium with its colorful tropical fish that can be mesmerizing.
One of the things that Cheddar's emphasizes is its homemade dishes, which is evident on the menu. The soups are homemade, and the salads are served with a honey-butter croissant and homemade dressing. Sides are all homemade and include favorites like freshly made coleslaw and Southern green beans. Steaks and baby back ribs are house specialties. Combination entrees, chicken, and fish are all on the menu with some unique variations. Traditional favorite sandwiches like the Philly Cheesesteak and Monte Cristo with smoked turkey and ham, two types of cheese, and raspberry preserves are a must.
Light Entrees and Lunches
All the entrees in the "Lighter Side" have under 545 calories and are handcrafted. Among the choices are:
- Citrus Miso Glazed Salmon
- Sweet Heat Chicken and Shrimp
- Grilled Baja Chicken
Classic and Select Lunch Combos on the menu feature salads, soups, loaded baked potatoes, chicken wrappers, and classic cheeseburgers. If you love old-fashioned lemonade, you've come to the right place. Cheddar's lemonade flavors include regular lemonade, strawberry, or raspberry.
If you follow a gluten free diet, you'll find a good selection of tempting entrees including:
- Key West Chicken and Shrimp
- Blackened Redfish
- Dijon Chicken and Mushrooms
Cheddar's serves handcrafted margaritas and specialty cocktails like Cheddar's Long Island Iced Tea and Georgia Moonshine Punch. The bar also serves a selection of wines and beer. The beverage book at your table lists additional seasonal cocktails, starters, and desserts.
Top 5 Routes for "Cheddar's Menu"
- Cheddars.com Official nutritional information found on cheddars.com. Covers all areas from apps, mains to beverages.
- The Daily Meal This website is about all things related to food and drink. Topics cover dining out, healthy eating, recipes, entertaining, holidays, travel, and cooking for all occasions.
- Eat Move Make This website offers information about recipes, lifestyle, travel, DIY projects, and crafts.
- Kicking It With Kelly This is a family-friendly website with articles about restaurants, crafts, travel, parenting, health, and house and home.
- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen - Facebook Cheddar's Facebook page offers general information about the business and locations.